|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|Apparent Machete 500 Herbicide||APPARENT PTY. LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|BESPRAY 500 HERBICIDE||SHANDONG RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|BUTAMINE 500 HERBICIDE||GROW CHOICE PTY LIMITED||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|BUTTRESS SELECTIVE HERBICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE|
|Empress 2,4-DB Herbicide||RURALCO HOLDINGS LIMITED||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|F.S.A. 24DB Herbicide||Four Seasons Agribusiness Pty Ltd||SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE|
|OZCROP 2,4-DB 500 SC HERBICIDE||OZCROP PTY. LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 2,4-DB 500g/L4 CHEMICAL GROUP: I
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:
|2,4-D amine 500||2,4-D Amine 500g/L|
|2,4-D amine 625||2,4-D Amine 625g/L|
|2,4-D amine plus Dicamba||2,4-D 333g/L + dicamba 166g/L|
|2,4-D ester 800||2,4-D Ester 800g/L|
|2,4-D ester plus Garlon||2,4-D ester 530g/L + triclopyr 200g/L|
|2,4-D LV ester||2,4-D LV ester 680g/L (or600)|
|2,4-DB 500||2,4-DB 500g/L|
|2,4-DB plus MCPA||2,4-DB 200g/L + MCPA 250g/L|
|Access||Picloram 120g/L + triclopyr 240g/L|
|Aminopyralid plus picloram gel||Aminopyralid 4.47g/L+picloram 44.7g/L|
|Dicamba 25 plus MCPA 150||Dicamba 25g/L + MCPA 150g/L|
|Dicamba 500||Dicamba 500g/L|
|Dicamba 700||Dicamba 700g/kg (or 750 g/kg)|
|Dicamba plus MCPA||Dicamba 80g/L + MCPA 340g/L|
|FallowBoss||2,4-Dam 300g/L+Aminopyralid 7.5g/L+picloram 75g/L|
|Garlon 600||Triclopyr 600g/L (or 755g/L)|
|Grazon Extra||Aminopyralid 8g/L+picloram 100g/L+triclopyr 300g/L|
|Hotshot||Aminopyralid salt 10g/L + fluroxypyr-meptyl 140g/L|
|Lontrel 750||Clopyralid 750g/kg|
|MCPA amine||MCPA 500-750g/L|
|MCPA LVE||MCPA LV ester 500g/L|
|MCPB 400||MCPB 400g/L|
|Picloram plus Triclopyr||Picloram 100g/L + triclopyr 300g/L|
|Quinclorac||Quinclorac 750g/kg (or180or200)|
|Starane 200||Fluroxypyr 200-400g/L|
|Tordon 242||MCPA 420g/L + picloram 26g/L|
|Tordon 75-D||2,4-D 300g/L + picloram 75g/L|
|Tordon DS||Picloram amine 100g/L + triclopyr amine 200g/L|
|Tordon RegrowthMaster||Aminopyralid 25g/L+picloram100g/L+triclopyr 200g/L|
|Tri-kombi||24D Ester 800g/L + Dicamba 40g/L + Mecoprop 336g/L|
6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A post emergence, leaf absorbed, non residual agricultural herbicide applied as spray in water.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Don't spray stressed plants.
Don't apply by misters or aircraft.
Best results in fine warm weather with no rain for 1 week after spray.
Drift may damage hormone sensitive crops.
Multiply rate by 0.8 if using the 50% formulations of 2,4-DB such as Legumex, Trifolamine and Buttress. Some varieties sensitive.
Do not use with hard water or water with suspended matter.
Growth of some lucerne varieties may be retarded.
Do not allow contact or drift onto susceptible plants e.g. tomato, flowers, vines, vegetables and fruit trees.
Do not contaminate bodies of water.
2. Concentration of Active Constituent: 400-500 g/L of 2,4-DB
3. Formulation - Aqueous concentrate.
4. Poison Schedule :
7. Product flammability : Not Flammable.
8. Dangerous Goods Class : 6.1(b), Packaging group III.
9. Shelf Life : 60 months (5 years).
(When stored under ideal conditions- refer Page 4)
10. Mixtures Compatibility : The effect of Imidan (phosmet), Le-Mat(omethoate), Metasystox (demeton-S-methyl) and dimethoate may be reduced if tank mixed with this product.
11. Registered Crop(s) : Wheat, Barley, Oats, Lucerne (seedling and established), Seedling Clover.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : Not Applicable.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide : Not Applicable.
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : Not Applicable.
15. Mode of Action : Foliar translocation, Post-emergent
16. Application Timing : Cereals - Between 5 leaf and booting stages.
Seedling Clover - After emergence of first to eighth trifoliate leaf.
Seedling Lucerne - After emergence of first to eighth trifoliate leaf.
Estab. Lucerne - After cutting lucerne when regrowth is 10 - 12 cm high.
17. Rate Variations : 2.8 - 3.5 L/ha.
18. Rates Selection : Lower rate according to weed species and stage. Higher rate according to weed species and stage.
19. Weeds Controlled : Wheat, Barley 4 L/ha; Oats 3 L/ha
21a. Effect on Clover Species : Safer on young clovers than old ones. Safe at 1-3 leaves, marginal at 3-8 leaves (depending on stress), and more damaging above 8 leaves. Clovers that have been dormant, but still have 1-3 leaves are actually quite old in age and may be sensitive to Buticide. White clover cv Haifa suffers light to minimal but acceptable damage when sprayed with either 3 or 4 L/ha at both the 1 and 3 to 4 leaf stages. Do NOT spray Berseem clover as unacceptable damage is common.
21b. Effect on Medics : Barrel medic - tolerant at 3 L/ha, a slight growth setback is possible. Gamma, spineless burr, snail and strand medics may have light to minimal damage when sprayed at 3 L/ha.
21c. Effect on Lucerne : Moderate to good tolerance. The degree of damage is usually commercially acceptable and is related to the stage of growth and stress factors. The older the seedlings (more than 8 true leaves) the greater the symptoms. Symptoms include minor leaf distortion and leaf scorch with a retarded growth rate. Avoid winter applications as the plants may be under stress.
20. Effect on Crop : Crop effects only noticeable if applied at incorrect growth stage and/or excessive rates.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Poor weed control and/or crop damage may result.
MOIST - Ideal.
WATERLOGGED - Poor weed control and/or crop damage may occur.
23. Frost Effects :
24. Frost Free Days Required after Application :
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water - Calcium:Magnesium salts ratio very critical to the activity of DB.
Soil Colloids - Not applicable.
25. Effect of Application Water Quality : Avoid mixing with very hard water, (Greater than 600 ppm dissolved salts).
26. Recommended Water Volume : 110 - 220 L/ha.
27. Nozzle Type :
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 200 - 300 kPa (28.6 - 43.5 psi)
29. Recommended Filter Size :
30. Recommended Wetter : No wetter required.
31. Other Additives : No.
32. Rain Fastness : 24 hours.
33. Time Interval before Effect is Noticed :
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : 7 days.
37. Plant-Back Period :
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Thorough wash out of the mixing tank and spray equipment before use. The equipment should NOT be used to apply other materials to susceptible crops until after being thoroughly cleaned with at least 3 changes of water.
39. Other Comments : Avoid spray drift onto susceptible crops such as tomatoes, vines, fruit trees, and also onto Kurrajong and Peppercorn trees. Effective against broadleaf weeds. More selective than 2,4-D, as its activity is dependent on oxidation to 2,4-D within the plant and not all plants are capable of doing this.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.