|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|4Farmers Amitrole 250 Herbicide||4 FARMERS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE|
|AC Amon Herbicide||AXICHEM PTY LTD||EMULSIFIABLE CONCENTRATE|
|AGSPRAY OXALIS SOUR SOB KILLER||AGKARE PTY LTD||AQUEOUS CONCENTRATE|
|AW AGGRAV8 HERBICIDE||AGRI WEST PTY LIMITED||EMULSIFIABLE CONCENTRATE|
|CYNDAN WEEDEATH HERBICIDE||LOREMO PTY LTD T/A CYNDAN MANUFACTURING||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|FARMALINX AMITAT HERBICIDE||FARMALINX PTY LTD||SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE|
|IMTRADE AMITROLE 250 HERBICIDE||IMTRADE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||AQUEOUS CONCENTRATE|
|NUFARM AMITROLE T HERBICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||AQUEOUS CONCENTRATE|
|SABAKEM AMITROLE 47T HERBICIDE||SABAKEM PTY LTD||SOLUBLE CONCENTRATE|
Previously sold as TL Plus and Weedazol TL Plus.
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Amitrole 250g/L4 CHEMICAL GROUP: Q
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:
|Amitrole T||Amitrole 250g/L|
|Clomazone 480||Clomazone 480g/L|
6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:2. Concentration of Active Constituents : 250 g/L Amitrole + 220 g/L Ammonium Thiocyanate.
3. Formulation : Liquid.
4. Poison Schedule : 5
8. Dangerous Goods Class :
9. Shelf Life : 60 months (5 years).
(When Stored under ideal conditions- Refer Page 4)
10. Mixtures Compatibility : Nu-Trazine, and atrazine suspension concentrates eg Gesaprim.
11. Registered Crop(s) : Wheat, Barley, Potatoes, Pinus Radiata, Vineyards, and Orchards.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : Do not use on sandy soils in cropping situations.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide : None.
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : None.
15. Mode of Action : Foliar translocation.
16. Application Timing : Wheat & Barley - Pre-planting, sow crop to a depth of 5 cm not less than 5 days after spraying.
17. Rate Variations : 2.8 to 5.6 L/ha.
18. Rates Selection : Lower rate where grasses are in the 2 to 3 leaf stage and up to 5 cm high. Higher rate where grasses are at 6 leaf stage and up to 10 cm high.
19. Weeds Controlled : Annual ryegrass, wild oats.
20. Effect on Crop : Not directly applied to crops (except potatoes).
21. Effect on Clover Species : Damaging, seriously affected.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Weed growth may not be sufficiently vigorous thereby reducing translocation.
MOIST - Ideal.
WATERLOGGED - Reduces results a little but very useful under these conditions as a replacement for cultivation which may be impractical.
23. Frost Effects : May delay or prevent translocation.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application : 10 days.
26. Recommended Water Volume : Up to 2200 L/ha.
27. Nozzle Type : Most types suitable.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure :
29. Recommended Filter Size :
30. Recommended Wetter : Non-ionic surfactants.
31. Other Additives : Nil.
32. Rain Fastness : Minimum 6 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : 14 - 21 days.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : Wheat, barley and potatoes - Nil days, Vineyards / Orchards - 56 days.
37. Plant-Back Period : Usually 4 - 8 weeks.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Nufarm tank and equipment cleaner.
39. Other Comments : Corrosive to aluminium, copper and iron. Amitrole is a non-selective herbicide with root and shoot absorption. It inhibits chlorophyll formation and regrowth from buds. Activity is enhanced by adding ammonium thiocyanate.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.