20. Effect on Crop : Not directly applied to crops (except potatoes).
21. Effect on Clover Species : Damaging, seriously affected.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Weed growth may not be sufficiently vigorous thereby reducing translocation.
MOIST - Ideal.
WATERLOGGED - Reduces results a little but very useful under these conditions as a replacement for cultivation which may be impractical.
23. Frost Effects : May delay or prevent translocation.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application : 10 days.
26. Recommended Water Volume : Up to 2200 L/ha.
27. Nozzle Type : Most types suitable.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure :
29. Recommended Filter Size :
30. Recommended Wetter : Non-ionic surfactants.
31. Other Additives : Nil.
32. Rain Fastness : Minimum 6 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : 14 - 21 days.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : Wheat, barley and potatoes - Nil days, Vineyards / Orchards - 56 days.
37. Plant-Back Period : Usually 4 - 8 weeks.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Nufarm tank and equipment cleaner.
39. Other Comments : Corrosive to aluminium, copper and iron. Amitrole is a non-selective herbicide with root and shoot absorption. It inhibits chlorophyll formation and regrowth from buds. Activity is enhanced by adding ammonium thiocyanate.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information" Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.