Boscalid plus Kresoxim
|COLLISS FUNGICIDE||BASF AUSTRALIA LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|CROP CARE COLLISS FUNGICIDE||CROP CARE AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Boscalid 200g/L + kresoxim-methyl 100 g/L5. COST: $132.00 per L or kg.
6. CHEMICAL GROUP: 7,11.
7. RELATED PESTICIDES:
|Boscalid 200g/L + kresoxim-methyl 100 g/L|
|Boscalid 252g/kg + Pyraclostrobin|
|Fluopyram 250g/L + trifloxystrobin 250g/L|
|Penflufen 154g/L + trifloxystrobin 154g/L|
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:An agricultural fungicide for control of powdery mildew in cuccurbits. It contains an oxathiin and strobilurin fungicide. It is toxic to many aquatic organisms.
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Ensure thorough coverage.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:A weting agent may be useful for low volume applications or on hard to wet leaves.
11. EQUIPMENT:High volume sprayer or concentrate sprayer applying more than 250 L/ha water.
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA:
>250 L/ha water
14. WEATHER:15. RAINFASTNESS:
17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS:
18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
Cucurbits - harvest - 7 days.
Cucurbits - harvest - 7 days.
19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:20. MODE OF ACTION:
Group 7, oxathiin or pyridine carboxamides family and group 11 strobilurin family.
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
22. TOXICITY:Poison schedule - S0
Summary: Low toxicity.
Poison schedule - S0. Exempt.
Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - >5000 mg/kg (rats), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - >4000 mg/kg (rabbit).
Skin - Slightly irritating. Not sensitising.
Eye - Slightly Irrtiating
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - >5.6 mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Carcinogenicity - An incidence of liver tumours was noted in long-term studies with kresoxim-methyl in rodents. As the mechanism involved is not relevant to humans, and the dose levels were very high, the potential carcinogenic risk to humans in considered negligible.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause reproductive problems).
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) - 0.06 mg/kg/day for boscalid. 0.4 mg/kg/day for kresoxim-methyl.
NOEL - 6 mg/kg/day for boscalid. 36 mg/kg/day for kresoxim-methyl.
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:Nausea and vomiting
24. FIRST AID:If SWALLOWED - Rinse mouth with water and give a glass of water to drink. Never give anything to drink to an unconscious person.
If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air.
If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically.
Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Safety goggles and face shield.
Elbow length PVC gl;oves.
Cotton overalls and washable hat.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:Wear protective clothing if working in sprayed area before the spray has dried.
27. PROPERTIES:Product appearance - White suspension liquid with slight odour.
Shelf Life - Several years.
Product Flammability - Not flammable. Combustible after water has evaporated. Autoignition ~ 348 C
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Water solubility at 25 C. - 4.6 ppm at pH. Disperses in water.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - Log Pow = 2.96 for boscalid, 3.4 for kesoxim-methyl.
Vapour Pressure -0.00072 mPa at 20 ºC for boscalid. 0.0023 mPa for kresoxim-methyl
Dissociation constant - pKa.
Melting point - C.
Boiling point -
Molecular weight -
Density - Specific gravity =1.1.
pH - 6.5-8.5.
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:Summary - Toxic to some aquatic organisms.
Birds - Not toxic. LD50 >2000 mg/kg, bobwhite quail
Fish - Moderate toxicity LC50 2 mg/L, 96 hours, rainbow trout.
Invertebrates - Low toxicity. LC50 0.52 mg/L, 48 hours, Daphnia magna.
Bees - Not toxic. LD50 >20 ìg/bee.
Algae - Moderate toxicity. EC50 (72hr) for Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata 4.48 mg/L.
It has a half life in soil of 108 - 365 days. Not readily degradable.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
29. COMPATIBILITY:See HerbiGuide for compatibility with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.See HerbiGuide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION:Hazardous.
Dangerous Goods Class - Non dangerous.
Hazchem Code - 3Z
Packaging Group - III, Class 9.
IMO Proper Shipping Name - ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S.
(Contains Boscalid and Kresoxim-methyl)
Initial Emergency Response Guide IERG -
UN Number -3082
NOHSC Classification and phrases - Hazardous.
R40 Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.
S13 Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs.
S2 Keep out of reach of children.
S36/37 Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
CAS Number: 188425-85-6
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 or www.HerbiGuide.com.au for more information.