|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|CASORON 4G HERBICIDE||ARYSTA LIFESCIENCE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||GRANULAR FORMULATION|
|CASORON G HERBICIDE||ARYSTA LIFESCIENCE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||GRANULAR FORMULATION|
|Sierraron 4G Herbicide||EVERRIS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||GRANULAR FORMULATION|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Dichlobenil 67.5g/kg (or 40g/kg)4 CHEMICAL GROUP: O - Nitriles
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:
|Casoron||Dichlobenil 67.5g/kg (or 40g/kg)|
|Gallery||Isoxaben 750 g/kg|
6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A pre emergent, poorly translocated, residual herbicide for the control of annual weeds in perennial plants.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Apply evenly to bare soil.
Use higher rates on heavy soils.
9 ADJUVANTS:Not applicable.
10 WATER QUALITY:Not applicable for granules.
14 HERBICIDE RESISTANCE:15 REPLANTING INTERVALS:
16 WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
17 RE-ENTRY PERIOD:18 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:
20 MODE OF ACTION:
Uptake and translocation:
Absorbed by germinating seedlings.
Physiological effects:Residual Life and Breakdown:
Effect on Clover Species:
Effect on Medic Species:
Effect on Lucerne:
Effect on Native Plants:
22 DISEASE AND INSECT EFFECTS:
23 PLANT SYMPTOMS:
Details:Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - 681 to >3160 mg/kg, [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > 1350 mg/kg (rabbit).
Skin - Slightly irritating.
Eye - Slightly irritating.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems).
Other Species - Birds - .
Fish - toxicity - Not toxic to fish. LC50 = 15-38 ppm (48 hours).
Invertebrates - .
Bees - Granules not toxic to bees.
25 TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:26 FIRST AID:
Contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.
If Swallowed - Induce vomiting preferably with Ipecac Syrup APF. Not considered a hazard.
If on Skin - Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
If in Eyes - Flush with water for 15 minutes.
If Inhaled - Remove patient from contaminated area to fresh air. Powder presents a dust hazard to the lungs. It may also present a hazard to the lungs with chronic overexposure.
Advice to Doctor
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:It has a half life in soil of several weeks.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
31 PROPERTIES:Water solubility at 25 C. - ppm at pH ;
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5;
Vapour Pressure at 20 C. - 0.088 Pa
Dissociation constant - pKa
Melting point - C.
Molecular weight -
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
33 REFERENCES:Ashton, F.M. and Crafts, A.S. (1981) Mode of Action of Herbicides. (Wiley-Interscience publication).
Kearney, P.C. and Kaufman, D.D. (1976). Herbicides. Chemistry, degradation and mode of action. Vol 1 & 2.
6. Product colour : Pale grey granules with a characteristic odour.
7. Product Flammability : Flashpoint >155C. May release toxic gasses if burnt or exposed to extreme heat.
8. Dangerous Goods Class : None.
9. Shelf Life :
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide :
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide :
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide :
15. Mode of Action :
16. Application Timing : Pre emergent.
19. Weeds Controlled : Annual grasses and annual broadleaves.
20. Effect on Crop :
21. Effect on Legume Species :
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
MOIST - Ideal
23. Frost Effects :
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application :
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide : Not applicable.
26. Recommended Water Volume :
27. Nozzle Type : Not applicable.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : Not applicable.
29. Recommended Filter Size : Not applicable.
30. Recommended Wetter: Not applicable.
31. Other Additives : Not applicable.
32. Rain Fastness : 0 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed :
34. Weed Symptoms :
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : days.
37. Plant-Back Period :
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Not applicable.
39. Other Comments :
Numbered data adapted from "Crop Herbicide Information"
by A.J. Chambers.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.