Chlorpyrifos plus methoprene
1. Trade Name 2. Manufacturer 3. Formulation
DIACON S IGR GRAIN PROTECTOR BAYER CROPSCIENCE PTY LTD EC RENTOKIL IGR GRAIN PROTECTANT RENTOKIL INITIAL PTY LTD EC 4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CHLORPYRIFOS-METHYL 500g/L + S-METHOPRENE 30g/L 5. COST: $107.80 per L or kg. 6. CHEMICAL GROUP: 1B,7A. 7. RELATED PESTICIDES: CHLORPYRIFOS-METHYL 500g/L + S-METHOPRENE 30g/L
A seed dressing for insect control in stored grain.
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Seed dressing or surface spray for buildings and equipment.
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS: Not recommended for malting Barley or Rice. Ensure thorough and even application to grain or surfaces. Ensure grain is free from infestations and less than 12% moisture and stored at less than 27 degrees C. For use by Bulk Handling Authorities only in WA.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:
Usually mixed with water and grain sprayed as it enters an auger or specialised grain spraying equipment used.
11. EQUIPMENT: For surface sprays use a spray nozzles that applies a medium droplet size. (eg 8003 at 200 kPa)
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:
Use clean water.
13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA: 100 L water per tonne of grain or 500 L/ha for surface sprays.
Apply in fine weather if using on outdoor areas of buildings.
14. WEATHER: 15. RAINFASTNESS: 16. SOIL: Not applicable. 17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS: 18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS: Not required. Do NOT use on Maize intended for export. Not required. Do NOT use on Maize intended for export.
19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:
Chlorpyrifos component controls insects.
20. MODE OF ACTION: Methoprene is an insect growth regulator. It will help reduce the build up of chlorpyrifos resistant populations. Death and low fecundity.
Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:
Poison schedule - S6
22. TOXICITY: Summary: Low toxicity to mammal. Poisonius if absorbed by skin contact or swallowed. Details: Poison schedule - S6 Mammalian toxicity - Low. Acute oral LD50 - >2000 mg/kg for male rats, >3000 mg/kg for female rats. [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg] Acute dermal LD50 - > mg/kg (rabbit). Skin - LD50 > 5000 mg/kg in rabbits. May cause irritation and redness. Can cause allergic reactions on Guinea pigs. Eye - Severe eye irritant. May cause severe corneal injury. Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > 6.654 mg/L air for rats)for 4 hours. May cause nose and throat irritation. Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years. Not mutagenic in animal tests. Not carcinotgenic in animal tests. Teratogeny: Chlorpyrifos has caused increased cleft palate in mice but not in other species. Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) -
Organophosphate cholinesterase inhibition.
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS: Chlorpyrifos may cause headache, dizziness, incoordination, muscle twitching, tremors, nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, sweating, pinpoint pulis, blurred vision, salivation, tearing, tighness in chest, excessive urination and convulsions. Solvent may cause respiratory irritation and cnentral nervos system depression.
If SWALLOWED - Give 1 atropine tablet every 5 minutes until dryness of mouth occurs. Do NOT induce vomitting. Get to a doctor quickly. Do NOT give any liquid.
24. FIRST AID: If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water. See a doctor as corneal damage can occur. If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water. If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air. Give 1 atropine tablet every 5 minutes until dryness of mouth occurs. Get to a doctor quickly. If breathing is difficult admninister oxygen. If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately. Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically. Chlorpyrifos is a cholinesterase inhibitor. Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 or call emergency response on 1800 033 882.
Safety goggles and face shield.
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: Elbow length PVC gl;oves. Cotton overalls and washable hat. Boots.
Wear protective clothing if working with grain or surfaces before they have dried.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:
Product appearance: Yellow liquid.
27. PROPERTIES: Odour: Aromatic. Shelf Life - 3 years. Product Flammability - Flashpoint = 64 C. (PMCC). Combustible C1. Flammable limits: LFL = 0.9%. UFL = 6%. Avoid heating above 50 C. Stable in normal storage. Avoid exposure to strong oxidizing agents. Produces toxic fumes on burning. May undergo violent decomposition at very high temperatures and cans may explode. Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C. Water solubility at 25 C. - Emulsifiable. Oil solubility - soluble. Octanol:Water ratio: LogPox is 3-5. Koc: 2000-5000. Vapour Pressure: 4.2 x 10-7 mmHg at 25 C for chlorpyrifos-methyl. <10 mm Hg at 20 C for solvent. Dissociation constant - pKa. Melting point - C. Boiling point - 179 C (solvents) Molecular weight - Density: 1.12 g/mL at 20 C. Specific gravity: 1.12 g/mL at 20 C. pH: 4-6.5 at 1% solution.
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE: Dangerous to fish and aquatic organisms. Birds - toxicity. Fish - High toxicity LC50 > 0.01 ppm for chlorpyrifos. Invertebrates - toxicity. Bees - toxicity. It has a half life in soil of . Biodegradation rate of chlorpyrifos is low. Not readily biodegradable. It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from Slight mobility in soil. Ground water contamination Accumulation in milk and tissues. Chlorpyrifos has a moderate bioconcentration potential. BCF of 100 to 3000.
See HerbiGuide for compatability with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
29. COMPATIBILITY: See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
See Herbiguide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.
Dangerous Goods Class - Not a dangerous good for land transport.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION: Hazchem Code - 2X Packaging Group - Initial Emergency Response Guide IERG - Marine and Air transport UN Number - 3082 Class 9 Packing Group III Shipping name: ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S. (Chlorpyrifos methyl) NOHSC Classification and phrases - Hazardous. R36/37/38. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. R50/53. Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. S2. Keep out of reach of children. S24/25. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. S23. Do not breathe vapour or spray. S62. S61. Avoid release into the environment.
Reldan Label 58562/0604. Reldan Plus MSDS 25/9/2006.
Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 for more information.