Copper oxychloride plus metalaxyl
|AXIOM PLUS FUNGICIDE||ADAMA AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED||WETTABLE POWDER|
|FARMALINX METALAXYL + COPPER OXYCHLORIDE WP FUNGICIDE||FARMALINX PTY LTD||WETTABLE POWDER|
|MEDLEY PLUS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE||CROP CARE AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD||WETTABLE POWDER|
|RIDOMIL GOLD PLUS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE||SYNGENTA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||WETTABLE POWDER|
|TITAN COPPER PLUS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE||TITAN AG PTY LTD||WETTABLE POWDER|
|ZEEMIL PLUS SYSTEMIC FUNGICIDE||UPL AUSTRALIA LIMITED||WETTABLE POWDER|
4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Copper oxychloride 350g/kg + metalaxyl 150 g/kg5. COST: $51.33 per L or kg.
6. CHEMICAL GROUP: M1,4.
7. RELATED PESTICIDES:
Copper oxychloride 350g/kg + metalaxyl 150 g/kg
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A mixture of metalaxyl and copper agricultural fungicides used mainly for downy mildew in grapes and phytophthora in macadamias. It has systemic, curative and protective porperties
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Ensure even and thorough coverage.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:None recommended
11. EQUIPMENT:Use properly calibrated equipment.
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:Triple rinse with water and wetting agent.
13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA:Sufficient to provide complete coverage of foliage.
14. WEATHER:15. RAINFASTNESS:
No particular effects apart from those on disease incidence.
17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS:18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
Grapes - Harvest - 7 days.
Macadamia - Harvest - 28 days.
Grapes - Harvest - 7 days.
Macadamia - Harvest - 28 days.
19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:20. MODE OF ACTION:
A systemic, phenylamide, group 4 fungicide with protective and curative action that inhibits protein synthesis in some fungi and a protective group M1 copper fungicide.
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
22. TOXICITY:Poison schedule - S5
Summary: Harmful if swallowed. Copper-intolerant individuals should not be exposed to this material.
Poison schedule - S5
Mammalian toxicity - Low.
Acute oral LD50 - 633 mg/kg (rats, metalaxyl), 700 - 800 mg/kg for copper oxychloride [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - >2000 mg/kg (rats).
Skin - Irritant
Eye - Irritant.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 (rat) (4hr)- >30 mg/L for copper oxychloride
LC50 (rat) (4hr) >3.6 mg/L for metalaxyl.
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause reproductive problems).
Results from animal tests on carcinogenicity are inconclusive.
May cause liver damage with long-term exposure.
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) - 0.2 mg/kg/day for copper. ADI for metalaxyl is 0.03 mg/kg/day, NOEL 3 mg/kg/day.
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:Cough, mucous production and shortness of breath from inhalation of dust.
Ingestion of large doses of copper salts may result progressively in irritation of the gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, salivation, gastric pain, hemorrhagic gastritis, diarrhea, capillary damage, liver and kidney damage, and central nervous system stimulation followed by depression. Jaundice, pain in the liver, and hemolytic anemia have been reported following acute human poisonings.
Repeated or prolonged contact with the concentrate may lead to irritant
contact dermatitis. Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause skin sensitisation.
May cause slight irritation to the eyes. Possible symptoms include redness, swelling, tearing and pain.
24. FIRST AID:If SWALLOWED - Rinse mouth with water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water. See a Doctor if irritation persists.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air.
If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically. No specific antidote.
Remove by gastric lavage. Victim may suffer stomach pains, symptoms
attributed to the CNS and kidneys, hemolytic crisis accompanied by damage in the liver and brain.
Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Safety goggles and face shield.
Elbow length PVC gloves.
Cotton overalls and washable hat.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:Do not re-enter treated areas until spray has dried.
27. PROPERTIES:Product appearance - Blue to green granuls or powder.
Shelf Life -
Product Flammability - Not flammable. Non combustible.
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Water solubility at 25 C. - Disperses in water.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio: LogPow =1.75 (metalaxyl).
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. - Neglible at 20°C (copper oxychloride);
0.75 mPa at 25°C (metalaxyl)
Dissociation constant - pKa.
Melting point - Decomposes before melting.
Boiling point -
Molecular weight -
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:Summary -
Birds - Practically non toxic.
Fish -Modertely toxic. LC50 (48 hr) for carp is 2.2 mg/l for copper oxychloride. LC50 (96 hr) for rainbow trout is >100 mg/l for metalaxyl.
Invertebrates - Moderately toxic. LC50 (48 hr) for daphnia is 3.5 mg/l for copper oxychloride. EC50 (48hr) for daphnia magna is >28 mg/l for metalaxyl. LC50 12.5-28 mg/L for metalaxyl.
Bees - Practically non toxic.
Copper does not break down in the soil.
It has a half life in soil of .
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
29. COMPATIBILITY:See HerbiGuide for compatibility with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.See HerbiGuide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION:Dangerous Goods Class - None
Hazchem Code - None.
Packaging Group -
UN Number - None.
Worksafe Classification -
NOHSC classification - hazardous. Harmful,Irritant.
CAS Number: 1332-40-7, 57837-19-1
R22 Harmful if swallowed.
R43 May cause sensitization by skin contact.
S13 Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs.
S2 Keep out of reach of children.
S36/37/39 Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
32. References:CUOXMETA_62254-1207.pdf Label and MSDS.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 or www.HerbiGuide.com.au for more information.