|ALTO 100 SL FUNGICIDE||SYNGENTA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||LIQUID|
4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Cyproconazole 100 g/L5. COST: $214.50 per L or kg.
6. CHEMICAL GROUP: 3.
7. RELATED PESTICIDES:
|Cyproconazole 100 g/L|
|Cyproconazole 80g/L + propiconazole 250g/L|
|Flutriafol 250g/L (or 500-600)|
|Hexaconazole 50 g/L|
|Propiconazole 250g/L (or 500 or 750)|
|Propiconazole 250g/L+ Tebuconazole 250g/L|
|PROTHIOCONAZOLE 210g/L + TEBUCONAZOLE 210 g/L|
|Triadimefon 125g/L (or 500g/kg)|
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A systemic fungicide for control of rusts and Cercospora leaf spots.
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Ensure good coverage of plants.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:None recommended
11. EQUIPMENT:Use equipment that provides good coverage.
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:For boom sprays;
Triple rinse with water and wetting agent.
13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA:Boom - 100 - 1000 L/ha water
Aerial - At least 20 L/ha water.
14. WEATHER:Apply in fine weather at least an hour before rain.
15. RAINFASTNESS:1 hour
16. SOIL:17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS:
18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
Peanuts: Grazing and harvest - 14 days.
Peanuts: Grazing and harvest - 14 days.
19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:20. MODE OF ACTION:
Systemic. Protective, curative and antisporulant action.
DMI, triazole group
Inhibits ergosterol synthesis.
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
To reduce the risk of developing resistant diseases, don't apply more than 3 consecutive sprays of this or other group C products and don't apply more than 5 group C products in any one season.
22. TOXICITY:Poison schedule - S0
Summary: Slightly hazardous (WHO hazard class 3)
Poison schedule - Exempt.
Mammalian toxicity - Low toxicity.
Acute oral LD50 - >5000 mg/kg (rats), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > 4000 mg/kg (rats).
Skin - Non irritant. Not a sensitizer. Low toxicity.
Eye - Slight irritant.
Vapour inhalation - Low toxicity. LC50 - >5.65 mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic in animal tests. (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems).
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) -
No cases of human poisnoning recorded.
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:No specific symptoms.
24. FIRST AID:If SWALLOWED - Do NOT induce vomiting. Rinse mouth with water and give a glass of water to drink.
If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water. May irritate eyes. Seek medical advice if irritation occurs.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if necessary.
If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically. No specific antidote.
Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Safety goggles and face shield.
Elbow length PVC gl;oves.
Cotton overalls and washable hat.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:After spray has dried.
27. PROPERTIES:Product appearance - Yellow brown liquid
Shelf Life - At least 2 years in a cool place protected from direct sunlight where temperatures are less than 40 C and greater than -10 C.
Product Flammability - Flashpoint 144C. Not flammable. Combustible. Non explosive.
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Water solubility at 25 C. - Soluble in water.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5.
Vapour Pressure at 20 C. - Low - 2.6 x 10-7
Dissociation constant - pKa.
Melting point - C.
Boiling point -
Molecular weight -
Density - SG = 1.1-1.14 @ 20C.
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:Summary - Highly toxic to Green Algae, slightly toxic to fish and crustaceans(Daphnia), slightly to moderately toxic to birds and practically non toxic to earthworms.
Birds - Slight to moderate toxicity.
Fish - Slight toxicity LC50 > ppm.
Invertebrates - Slightly toxic to practically non toxic.
Bees - toxicity.
Algae - Highly toxic to Green Algae. EC50 = 0.077 mg/L.
It has a half life in soil of .
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
29. COMPATIBILITY:See HerbiGuide for compatibility with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.See HerbiGuide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION:Dangerous Goods Class - Not a dangerous good for transport.
Hazchem Code - None allocated.
Packaging Group - None allocated
UN Number -
Worksafe Classification -
32. References:Label 47527/0803, MSDS 2005.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 or www.HerbiGuide.com.au for more information.