|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|MACSPRED FOREST MIX WATER DISPERSIBLE HERBICIDE||MACSPRED PTY. LTD.||WETTABLE POWDER|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Atrazine 620g/Kg + hexazinone 210 g/Kg as a wettable powder.4 CHEMICAL GROUP: C.
Active Ingredients for similar products as below.
CHEMICAL GROUP: C Herbicide - Triazine and triazinone.
|Forest Mix Granular||Macspred||Granular (Atrazine 150g/kg + hexazinone 50g/kg)|
|Forest Mix Special Blend||Macspred||Granular (Atrazine 150g/kg + hexazinone 67g/kg)|
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:Velpar (hexazinone) and Atrazine.
Metribuzin is in the same triazinone group.
Acetamides (Ronacil), benzothiadiazoles (Basagran), nitriles (bromoxynil), pyridazinones (Pyramin), phenyl-pyridazinones (Tough), triazines(atrazine, simazine, cyanazine, terbutryn), ureas (diuron, linuron), and uracils (Hyvar)
6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A translocated, leaf and root absorbed, residual herbicide for the control of annual and perennial weeds in Pine (Pinus radiata) plantations.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:This product may kill many trees and other desirable plants if not correctly applied.
Don't use near waterways or where water may leach herbicide to desirable species.
Best results when applied to actively growing plants and temperature is >25C. Symptoms may be slow to appear in cool weather.
Best results when applied to bare, moist soil and rain follows.
Apply from April to August in SA and WA and spring in other states when rainfall following application is expected.
Do not apply during intense rainfall periods.
On slopes greater than 20 degrees apply as a strip application.
On slopes greater than 30 degrees apply as a spot treatment.
Don't use on sandy soils that are low in organic matter or on soils that are waterlogged.
Application at least 4 weeks after transplanting is preferred.
Don't use near desirable plant or where surface water flow may carry herbicide into the rooting area of desirable plants.
Don't apply within 60 metres of dams or waterways.
9 ADJUVANTS:None recommended.
10 WATER QUALITY:Not applicable for granules.
Tank life: Must be kept agitated for liquid suspension concentrate formulations.
11 COMPATIBILITY:14 HERBICIDE RESISTANCE:
Plant populations resistant to group C herbicides will probably be tolerant to Forest Mix. Repeated application may lead to the development of resistant populations of weeds.
18 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Cotton overalls, washable hat, elbow length PVC gloves and goggles.
20 MODE OF ACTION:Inhibitor of photosynthesis at photosystem II.
Uptake and translocation:Absorbed mainly by roots.
Physiological effects:Residual Life and Breakdown:
Relatively non selective.
23 PLANT SYMPTOMS:May be slow to appear in cool weather.
SECONDARY EFFECTS:24 TOXICITY:
Harmful if swallowed. Will damage eyes. Will irritate skin. Do not inhale dust.
Details:Mammalian toxicity - Slightly toxic.
Acute oral LD50 - 1690 mg/kg (rats, hexazinone), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > 3100 mg/kg (rabbit, atrazine and hexazinone).
Skin - Low toxicity. May cause irritation.
Eye - Severe irritant dur to hexazinone.
Vapour inhalation - Low toxicity. May cause irritation. LC50 - > mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause reproductive problems).
Atrazine has been classed as a suspected carcinogen.
Other Species - Birds - toxicity.
Fish - toxicity - Slightly to moderately toxic to fish. LC50 > ppm.
Invertebrates - toxicity.
Bees - toxicity.
25 TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:Conjunctivitis, mild to moderate corneal clouding, moderate iritis.
26 FIRST AID:Contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.
If Swallowed - Contact a doctor immediately. If more than 15 minutes from medical help, induce vomiting preferably with Ipecac Syrup APF
If on Skin - Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
If in Eyes - Flush with water for 15 minutes then see a doctor.
If Inhaled - Remove patient from contaminated area to fresh air.
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:It has a half life in soil of some months.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination. Atrazine may contaminate ground water.
Replanting intervals - Long.
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
31 PROPERTIES:Water solubility at 25 C. - ppm at pH ;
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5;
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. - Low.
Dissociation constant - pKa
Melting point - C.
Molecular weight -
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
33 REFERENCES:Ashton, F.M. and Crafts, A.S. (1981) Mode of Action of Herbicides. (Wiley-Interscience publication).
Kearney, P.C. and Kaufman, D.D. (1976). Herbicides. Chemistry, degradation and mode of action. Vol 1 & 2.
4. Poison Schedule : S5
6. Product colour : White. No odour.
7. Product Flammability : Fine dust dispersed in air may ignite if exposed to high temperature ignition source.
8. Dangerous Goods Class : Not a dangerous good.
9. Shelf Life : Long.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : Use higher rates on light soils in high rainfall regions and heavy soils everywhere. Don't use on sandy soils that are low in organic matter.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide :
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : Use higher rate on soils with high organic matter contents. Don't use on sandy soils that are low in organic matter.
15. Mode of Action : Inhibitor of photosynthesis at photosystem 2.
16. Application Timing : Pre and Post emergent.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Reduced effectiveness.
MOIST - Ideal
WATERLOGGED - Don't use on poorly drained areas.
23. Frost Effects :
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application :
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water -
Soil Colloids -
26. Recommended Water Volume : 100-400 L/ha for booms. At least 30 L/ha for aerial application. Not applicable for granules.
27. Nozzle Type : Flat fan.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 200-300 kPa.
29. Recommended Filter Size : Not applicable.
30. Recommended Wetter - None recommended.
31. Other Additives : None recommended.
32. Rain Fastness : 6 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : Can be long in cool weather.
34. Weed Symptoms : Yellowing followed by death.
36. Withholding Period : Long.
37. Plant-Back Period : Long.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Drain tank and flush with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Fill the tank with clean water and use a boom cleaning agent. Remove the nozzles and screens and clean separately.
39. Other Comments : Continuously agitate spray solution.
Numbered data adapted from "Crop Herbicide Information"
by A.J. Chambers.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.