|CROP CARE VIVANDO FUNGICIDE||CROP CARE AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|VIVANDO FUNGICIDE||BASF AUSTRALIA LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Metrafenone 500g/L5. COST: $123.75 per L or kg.
6. CHEMICAL GROUP: U8.
7. RELATED PESTICIDES:
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:An agricultural fungicide for control of powdery mildew in cucurbits and grapes
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Ensure thorough coverage.
Spray records required.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:None recommended
11. EQUIPMENT:Boom, High volume sprayers.
Medium droplets recommended on label to reduce drift.
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA:
250-500 L/ha for boom sprays on cucurbits.
14. WEATHER:15. RAINFASTNESS:
17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS:
18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
Cucurbits 7 days. Grapes 5 weeks.
Cucurbits 7 days. Grapes 5 weeks.
19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:20. MODE OF ACTION:
Group U8 - Unspecified. Systemic and vapour phase activity. Stops spores penetrating the leaf and stops growth and production of new spores from exisiting infections. It provides protection for some weeks after application.
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
22. TOXICITY:Poison schedule - S0
Poison schedule - S
Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - 5000 mg/kg (rats), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - 5000 mg/kg (rabbit).
Skin - Mild irritant.
Eye - Mild irritant. Not a sensitiser.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - >3.7 mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems).
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) -
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:24. FIRST AID:
If SWALLOWED - If swallowed do NOT induce vomiting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Prevent vomit from entering the lungs by careful placement of the patient.
Do not give anything by mouth to a semi-conscious or unconscious person.
If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air.
If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically.
Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Safety goggles and face shield.
Elbow length PVC gl;oves.
Cotton overalls and washable hat.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:After spray has dried.
27. PROPERTIES:Product appearance - Beige liquid.
Shelf Life -
Product Flammability - Non combustible.
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Water solubility at 25 C. - Disperses in water.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - Log Pow = 4.3.
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. - 0.153
Dissociation constant - pKa.
Melting point - C.
Boiling point -
Molecular weight -
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:Summary - Very toxic to some aquatic plants and moderately toxic to aquatic invertebrates.
Birds - Not toxic. LD50 (northern bobwhite quail) >2,025 mg/kg.
Fish - Not toxic. LC50 (96hr) for rainbow trout is >104 mg/l for the formulated product
Invertebrates - toxicity. Daphnia LC50 (48hr) for the formulated product is >1.98 mg/l.
Bees - Not toxic.
Algae - Toxic. EC50 (72hr) for Raphidocelis subcapitata is 0.71 mg/l for metrafenone.
It has a half life in soil of .
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
Bioconcentration Factor (BCF) for metrafenone is 530.
Not readily biodegradable.
29. COMPATIBILITY:See HerbiGuide for compatibility with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.See HerbiGuide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION:Dangerous Goods Class - Not a danerous good.
Hazchem Code - 2Z
Packaging Group -III. Class 9
Initial Emergency Response Guide IERG -
UN Number - 3082.
Proper Shipping Name - ENVIRONMENTALLY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE, LIQUID, N.O.S.
(contains metrafenone 42%)
NOHSC Classification and phrases -
Safety phrases - S2 Keep out of reach of children.
S46 If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
32. References:METR500_63487-45789.pdf and MSDS 2011
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 or www.HerbiGuide.com.au for more information.