|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|GESAGARD 900 WG HERBICIDE||SYNGENTA AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|NUFARM PROMETRYN 900 DF HERBICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|OZCROP PROMETRYN 900 WG HERBICIDE||OZCROP PTY. LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|PROMETREX 900 WG HERBICIDE||ADAMA AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|SABAKEM PROMETRYN 900 WG HERBICIDE||SABAKEM PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Prometryn 900 g/L.Formulation:
Water dispersible granule.
4 CHEMICAL GROUP: C Inhibitor of photosynthesis at photosystem II.
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
A pre and post emergence herbicide for a range of grass and broad-leaved weeds in some crop, pasture and forestry situations.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Requires rain or irrigation soon after spraying for best activity.
Best results pre emergence or on young actively growing plants in moist soil.
10 WATER QUALITY:Hard water
11 COMPATIBILITY:Trace elements.
14 HERBICIDE RESISTANCE:Repeated applications are likely to lead to resistant weeds.
17 RE-ENTRY PERIOD:Wear protective clothing if working in the crop before the spray has dried.
18 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:19 SOIL:
Crop safety may be compromised on light sandy soils.
20 MODE OF ACTION:Inhibits photosynthesis.
Uptake and translocation:Foliar and root absorbed. Translocated,
Physiological effects:Residual Life and Breakdown:
23 PLANT SYMPTOMS:
Seeds usually germinate absorbed the herbicide and then turn yellow and die before reaching the 3 leaf stage. Young emerged plants stop growth then yellow and die slowly over 3-4 weeks.
SECONDARY EFFECTS:24 TOXICITY:
Details:Poison schedule - S5
Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - 5235 mg/kg (rats), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > 2150 mg/kg (rabbit).
Skin - Slight irritant.
Eye - Slight irritant.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > 215 mg/L air (rat). Inhalation of dust may result in respiratory irritation.
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - 1250 ppm diet for two years for rats and 150 mg/kg diet for dogs.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems).
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) for humans is 0.03 mg/kg/day.
Other Species - Birds - toxicity.
Fish - toxicity LC50 2.5-10 ppm. Slightly toxic.
Invertebrates - toxicity.
Bees - Not toxic.
25 TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:No specific symptoms.
26 FIRST AID:If SWALLOWED - Induce vomiting preferably with Ipecac syrup.
If in EYES - Irrigate with plenty of water.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air. See a doctor.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically.
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:It has a leaching index of 3-4. (for comparison, trifluralin is 0-1 and chlorsulfuron is 25-30).
It has a half life of 50 days at 20 degrees and 50% WHC in Mohlin soil. Other soil half life studies range from 40-70 days.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that is low.
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
28 REGISTERED CROPS:See HerbiGuide
29 REGISTERED WEEDS:See HerbiGuide
31 PROPERTIES:Water solubility at 25 C. - 33 ppm at pH ;
Forms a suspension when mixed with water.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5;
Vapour Pressure at 20 C. - 0.13 mPa
Dissociation constant - pKa
Melting point - C.
Molecular weight -
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Non flammable. Non combustible.
It may react vigorously with oxidising agents. Polymerisation is not possible.
33 REFERENCES:Nufarm MSDS Dec 1998.
Nufarm Prometryn 900DF label 46814/0701.
3. Formulation : Water dispersible granule.
4. Poison Schedule : 5
6. Product Colour : Off white to cream granules with sweet vanilla odour.
7. Product Flammability : Non-flammable.
8. Dangerous Goods Class : Non dangerous good.
9. Shelf Life : >5 years.
(When stored under ideal conditions)
10. Mixtures Compatibility :
11. Registered Crop(s) :
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : More readily adsorbed in soils with high clay and organic matter content.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide : None.
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : None.
15. Mode of Action : Inhibits photosynthesis at photosystem II. Foliar translocated and root absorbed. Has considerable contact activity, therefore post-em treatments must be directed in some crops.
16. Application Timing : Pre and post emergence.
17. Rate Variation :
18. Rates Selection : Lower rate weeds in less than 4 true leaf stage. Higher rate weeds with 4 true leaves.
20. Effect on Crop : Possible temporary early yellowing.
21. Effect on Clover Species : Relatively safe to most common sub clover and white clover species.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Weed/crop stressed resulting in reduced efficacy or crop damage.
MOIST - Best results if soil moist from sowing.
WATERLOGGED - Plants stressed.
23. Frost Effects : Preceding application reduced efficacy and increased likelihood of crop damage. Up to 14 days after application may affect results.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application : 14 days.
26. Recommended Water Volume : 50 - 110 L/ha boom.
27. Nozzle Type : Flat fan.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 200 kPa (28.6 psi).
29. Recommended Filter Size :
30. Recommended Wetter : Non ionic surfactant for some post emergence applications.
31. Other Additives : Nil.
32. Rain Fastness : Minimum 6 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : About 7 - 10 days.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : No limitations set, but an interval of 21 days minimum should be left for weeds to be controlled before grazing/harvesting.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Flush system with clean water.
39. Other Comments : Under drier conditions Prometryn will not give favourable results. Will persist longer under dry or cool conditions that are not conducive to maximum chemical and biological activity. More effective on broadleaves than grasses. Weeds will emerge before dying.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.