|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|AC NUTLESS HERBICIDE||AXICHEM PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|APPARENT HALOSULFURON 750 WG HERBICIDE||APPARENT PTY. LTD.||DRY FLOWABLE|
|AW YOWLER HERBICIDE||AGRI WEST PTY LIMITED||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|ENVIROMAX HALOSULFURON 750 WG HERBICIDE||ENVIROMAX TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|Haluron Herbicide||ROTAM AGROCHEMICAL CO., LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|IMTRADE HALO 750 WG HERBICIDE||IMTRADE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||DRY FLOWABLE|
|IMTRADE NUTGRASS KILLER||IMTRADE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|KENSO AGCARE KENPRA 750 WG HERBICIDE||KENSO CORPORATION (M) SDN. BHD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|NUT-BUSTER HERBICIDE||FMC AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|OZCROP HALOSULFURON 750 WG HERBICIDE||OZCROP PTY. LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|RAINBOW HALOSULFURON 750 WG HERBICIDE||SHANDONG RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|SEDGEHAMMER HERBICIDE||AMGROW PTY LTD||DRY FLOWABLE|
|SEMPRA HERBICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||DRY FLOWABLE|
|WELLFARM HALOSULFURON 750 WG HERBICIDE||WELLFARM PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Halosulfuron 750g/L as dry flowable granules.4 CHEMICAL GROUP: B. Sulfonylurea Herbicide
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:Glean, Ally, Logran, Eclipse, and Broadstrike.
6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:A translocated, residual herbicide for the control of Nutgrass and Mullumbimby Couch in Turf, Sugar Cane and Cotton.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Apply to actively growing weeds when Nutgrass has 5 cm of new growth or Mullumbimby Couch has 2 cm of new growth. Repeat the application when regrowth reaches these levels.
Rainfall within 2 hours of application will reduce kill. Drought after application may also reduce kill.
Don't use treated turf clippings for mulch around desirable plants.
9 ADJUVANTS:Use a non ionic surfactant.
10 WATER QUALITY:Hard water
Tank life: One day.
11 COMPATIBILITY:14 HERBICIDE RESISTANCE:
Plants resistant to group B herbicides are expected to develop or be present.
15 REPLANTING INTERVALS:
16 WITHHOLDING PERIODS:
17 RE-ENTRY PERIOD:18 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:
Wear safety goggles when handling granules.
Avoid breathing spray mist.
19 SOIL:20 MODE OF ACTION:
Inhibits the ALS enzyme.
Uptake and translocation:Leaf absorbed.
Physiological effects:Residual Life and Breakdown:
Effect on Clover Species:
Effect on Medic Species:
Effect on Lucerne:
Effect on Native Plants:
22 DISEASE AND INSECT EFFECTS:
23 PLANT SYMPTOMS:
Weeds show gradual yellowing of the leaves in 7-10 days followed by death. The full effect may take 4-6 weeks.
In cucurbits, crop injury may show as stunting, foliar bleaching and foliar epinasty a few days after emergence but the crop normally recovers after a week or two.
SECONDARY EFFECTS:24 TOXICITY:
Harmful if swallowed. Dust will irritate the eyes.
No significant adverse health effects are expected if less than a mouthful is swallowed.
In sulphite sensitive people skin reactions have been reported following dermal exposure. Respiratory reactions have been reported after eating food or inhaling medications containing sulphiting agents as preservatives. People with asthma may be more prone to these reactions.
Details:Mammalian toxicity - S5 poison.
Acute oral LD50 - 1287 mg/kg (rats). Slightly toxic. [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > 5000 mg/kg (rabbit). Practically non toxic.
Skin - Slightly irritating. Not a sensitiser.
Eye - Mildly irritating. May cause redness, pain and tears.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > 5.7 mg/L air (rat). Practically non toxic. May cause respiratory tract irritation.
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - 10-20 mg/kg for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems). At very high rates reduced fecundity has been noted in rabbits with a NOEL of 50 mg/kg during pregnancy.
Other Species - Birds - Practically non toxic. LD50 2250 - >5620 ppm
Fish - Slightly toxic LC50 > 21.4-26.7 ppm.
Invertebrates - slightly toxic. LC50 24 ppm
Bees - Practically non toxic. LD50 >100 ug/bee
Green Algae - Highly toxic. EC50 = 5.3 ppb
Duckweed - Very highly toxic. LC50 = 0.038 ppb
25 TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:26 FIRST AID: for Oral Intake:
Contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.
If Swallowed - Rinse mouth to remove particles. Drink water. Contact a doctor.
NEVER GIVE ANYTHING BY MOUTH TO AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON.
If on Skin - Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
If in Eyes - Flush with water for 15 minutes. Contact a doctor.
If Inhaled - Remove patient from contaminated area to fresh air. Contact a doctor if breathing difficulty develops.
For Emergency information call 1 800 033 111
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:It has a half life in soil of .
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
Very toxic to Duckweed and Green Algae in waterways.
31 PROPERTIES:Water solubility at 25 C. - Dispersible.
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5;
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. - Not volatile.
Dissociation constant - pKa
Melting point - C.
Molecular weight -
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
33 REFERENCES:Label and MSDS.
4. Poison Schedule : 5
6. Product colour : Beige granule.
7. Product Flammability : Non flammable.
8. Dangerous Goods Class : N/A
9. Shelf Life : At least 2 years. Avoid exposure to light.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide :
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide :
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide :
15. Mode of Action : Inhibits ALS enzyme.
16. Application Timing : Post emergence.
17. Rate Variations : 65-130 g/ha
18. Rates Selection : Higher rates on dense infestations or where single applications preferred.
20. Effect on Crop : May cause yellowing and/or reduced growth.
21. Effect on Legume Species :
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Poor control if drought after application.
MOIST - Ideal.
23. Frost Effects : Not recommended after the onset of frosts.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application :
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water -
Soil Colloids -
26. Recommended Water Volume : More than 80 L/ha
27. Nozzle Type : Flat fan.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure :
29. Recommended Filter Size : Mesh size as suitable for nozzle being used.
30. Recommended Wetter: Non ionic surfactant.
31. Other Additives :
32. Rain Fastness : 2 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : 7-10 days. Full effect may take 4-6 weeks.
34. Weed Symptoms : Yellowing followed by death.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : 0 days for crops. 28 days for Sorghum and grazing.
Don't feed turf clippings to poultry or stock.
37. Plant-Back Period : 24 months for all crops except Sugar Cane and Cotton.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Drain tank and flush with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Fill the tank with clean water and add 300 mL of 4% chlorine bleach for each 100 L of water. Agitate for 15 minutes and flush through the boom. Repeat the chlorine rinse, then rinse with clean water to remove chlorine from the system.
Remove the nozzles and screens and clean separately.
Do not use chlorine bleach with ammonia cleaners or fertilisers containing ammonium because a toxic chlorine gas will be produced.
39. Other Comments :
Numbered data adapted from "Crop Herbicide Information"
by A.J. Chambers.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.