Sertin 186 EC
|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|SERTIN 186 EC SELECTIVE POST-EMERGENCE HERBICIDE||BAYER CROPSCIENCE PTY LTD||EMULSIFIABLE CONCENTRATE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Sethoxydim 186g/L4 CHEMICAL GROUP: A.
3. Formulation : Emulsifiable Concentrate.
4. Poison Schedule : 5
6. Product Colour : Pale reddish-brown liquid.
7. Product Flammability : Non-flammable, flash point 65oC.
8. Dangerous Goods Class :
9. Shelf Life : 36 months (3 years).
(When stored under ideal conditions- refer Page 4)
10. Mixtures Compatibility :
Assure (quizalofop) Fusilade (fluazifop-P)
Betanal (phenmedipham Verdict (haloxyfop)
Blazer (acifluorfen) dimethoate (eg Rogor)
Ekatin (thiometon) Le-Mat (omethoate)
Do NOT mix with :- 2,4-DB MCPA
bentazone (Basagran) MCPB
Brodal (diflufenican) metribuzin (eg Sencor)
DBCP terbutryn (eg Igran)
linuron (eg Afalon)
11. Registered Crop(s) : Rapeseed, Chickpeas, Field Peas, Faba Beans, Lupins, Clover & Medic pastures and seed crops, Lucerne.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : Nil, unless texture is so bad as to physically stress the weeds.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide : Nil.
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : Nil.
15. Mode of Action : Foliage translocated,
16. Application Timing : Weeds 2 to 6 leaf stage.
17. Rate Variations : 500 mL - 1.0 L/ha.
18. Rates Selection : Lower rate on small ryegrass and phalaris, vigorous growth, minimal crop cover - winter.
Higher rate larger grasses, denser crop cover.
19. Crop Damage (Crop Tolerance) : Sertin is safe to the crop at all growth stages. Do not spray when the crop is flowering.
21. Effect on Clover Species : No effect.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - If weeds under moisture stress expect reduced efficacy.
MOIST - Good.
WATERLOGGED - If weeds under moisture stress then expect reduced efficacy.
23. Frost Effects : Preceding, during and after application reduced efficacy.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application : 2 days.
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water - No effect within normal ranges encountered.
Soil Colloids - No effect within normal ranges encountered.
26. Recommended Water Volume : 40 - 400 L/ha boom, 30 - 40 L/ha aircraft, swath width 16-18 m.
27. Nozzle Type : 110o tapered flat fan. AU5000 mini micronair.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 240 kPa (34.8 psi).
29. Recommended Filter Size : 100 mesh for 11001 or 110015 nozzles.
30. Recommended Wetter : Addition of 1 - 2 L crop oil/ha essential.
1 L DC-Tron crop oil at carrier volumes less than 100 L/ha.
2 L DC-Tron crop oil at carrier volumes greater than 100 L/ha.
31. Other Additives : Or 1 - 2% v/v D-C-Trate.
32. Rain Fastness : 2 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : 7 - 14 days.
34. Weed Symptoms : 7 - 10 days after application the older leaves of grasses show a purple colouration, young shoots gradually turn yellow and the base of the youngest shoot begins to die. Total plant collapse occurs within 14 - 21 days.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop : Not applicable.
36. Withholding Period : Clover and Medics 14 days
Lupins 35 days
Field Peas 70 days
Chickpeas 98 days
Faba Beans 98 days
Rapeseed, Soybeans 119 days.
37. Plant-Back Period : Cereals 21 days.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Triple rinsing with clean water is sufficient.
39. Other Comments : Any situations where weeds are under stress product will show reduced efficacy. Do not apply with or within 10 days of application of metribuzin or weed control may be reduced and risk of phytotoxicity will be increased.
Do NOT allow spray mix to sit overnight.
Ryegrass strains resistant to various herbicides including sethoxydim have developed. Users of Sertin 186EC are warned not to apply this product for control of annual ryegrass where resistance is suspected or confirmed.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.