|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|MacPhersons TORPICO 750 WG Herbicide||TGAC AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|SNIPER HERBICIDE||BASF AUSTRALIA LTD.||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Picolinafen 750 g/kgFormulation: Water dispersible granule.
4 CHEMICAL GROUP: F.
5 RELATED HERBICIDES:6 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
An early post emergence herbicide with some pre emergence activity for the control of broadleaf weeds in leguminous crops.
7 APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:10 WATER QUALITY:
11 COMPATIBILITY:Trace elements.
14 HERBICIDE RESISTANCE:18 PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:
When handling concentrate wear cotton overalls, hat and elbow length PVC gloves. Wash hands after use. Wash gloves, hat and overalls daily.
20 MODE OF ACTION:Uptake and translocation:
Absorbed mainly through the leaves, with some uptake through the roots.
Physiological effects:It acts by inhibiting carotenoid (or yellow pigment) synthesis which is why affected plants show bleached or reddish leaf symptoms after spraying.
Residual Life and Breakdown:Selectivity:
Resistant plants such as the legumes can break down picolinafen more quickly than susceptible plants.
23 PLANT SYMPTOMS:Pale to reddish, irregularly shaped blotches develop on the leaves and spread with time then turn brown as the leaf and plant dies.
Crop leaves may be bleached after spraying, however new growth should be normal. Occasionally crop height may be reduced.
SECONDARY EFFECTS:24 TOXICITY:
Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - mg/kg (rats), [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - > mg/kg (rabbit).
Eye - Will irritate eyes.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - ppm for two years.
Not mutagenic or teratogenic (i.e. does not cause cancer or reproductive problems).
Other Species - Birds - toxicity.
Fish - toxicity LC50 > ppm.
Invertebrates - toxicity.
Bees - toxicity.
Algae - Highly toxic.
25 TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:26 FIRST AID: for Oral Intake:
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:
It has a half life in soil of .
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
28 REGISTERED CROPS: (Button)29 REGISTERED WEEDS: (Button)
Water solubility at 25 C. - ppm at pH ;
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - at pH 5;
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. -
Dissociation constant - pKa
Melting point - C.
Molecular weight -
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
33 REFERENCES:Field Crop Herbicide Information:
4. Poison Schedule : 0
6. Product colour :
7. Product Flammability :
8. Dangerous Goods Class :
9. Shelf Life :
10. Mixtures Compatibility :
11. Registered Crop(s) :
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide :
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide :
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide :
15. Mode of Action :
16. Application Timing :
17. Rate Variations :
18. Rates Selection :
19. Weeds Controlled :
20. Effect on Crop :
21. Effect on Legume Species :
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Wait until rain before spraying. Pre emergence activity will be low in dry soil.
MOIST - Ideal.
WATERLOGGED - Increased risk of crop damage and poor weed control.
23. Frost Effects : Don not apply if frost is imminent.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application :
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water -
Soil Colloids -
26. Recommended Water Volume : At least 50 L/ha
27. Nozzle Type : Flat fan.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 200-400 kPa
29. Recommended Filter Size : Remove in line filters from agitation lines or pre mix granules to prevent granule build up on filters whilst dissolving. Otherwise mesh size as suitable for nozzle being used.
30. Recommended Wetter : Wetters and oils may lead to unacceptable crop damage. Avoid applying where these have been used within 10 days. In non selective situations the addition of adjuvants may improve weed control.
31. Other Additives :
32. Rain Fastness : hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed :
34. Weed Symptoms :
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : 0 days.
37. Plant-Back Period :
Spray Tank Clean-Up : Drain tank and flush with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Fill the tank with clean water and flush. The addition of cleaning or wetting agents may help but is not usually necessary.
Remove the nozzles and screens and clean separately.
39. Other Comments :
Numbered data adapted from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.