|1 Trade name||Manufacturer||Form|
|4Farmers Terbutryn 500SC Herbicide||4 FARMERS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|APPARENT TERBUTRYN 500 SC HERBICIDE||APPARENT PTY. LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|CONQUEST TERBO 500 SC HERBICIDE||CONQUEST CROP PROTECTION PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|FARMALINX HOLT 750 WG HERBICIDE||FARMALINX PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|FARMALINX TERBUTRYN 500 SC HERBICIDE||FARMALINX PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|IGRAN 500 FLOWABLE LIQUID HERBICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|JUSTICE HERBICIDE||SIPCAM PACIFIC AUSTRALIA PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|OZCROP TERBUTRYN 500 SC HERBICIDE||OZCROP PTY. LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|RAINBOW TERBUTRYN 500 SC HERBICIDE||SHANDONG RAINBOW INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD.||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|TERBUTREX HERBICIDE||ADAMA AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
|TITAN TERBUTRYN 500 SC HERBICIDE||TITAN AG PTY LTD||SUSPENSION CONCENTRATE|
3 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Terbutryn 500g/L as a flowable liquid.4 CHEMICAL GROUP: C.
27 ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:
Half life in soil: 40-50 days at 20 degrees and 50% WHC in Mohlin soil.
Half life in water: days at pH5 and 35 C.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
It has a leaching index of 0-2. (for comparison, trifluralin is 0-1 and chlorsulfuron is 25-30).Ground water contamination
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
Hydrolysis half life:
28 REGISTERED CROPS:See HerbiGuide Species Solution tab.
29 REGISTERED WEEDS:See HerbiGuide Species Solution tab.
30 REGULATION AND LEGAL:UN number:
Dangerous goods class:
Proper shipping name:
31 PROPERTIES:Empirical formula:
Water solubility: 25 mg/L at 25 C at pH ;
Octanol:Water ratio: LogPow = at 25 C at pH 5;
Soil organic carbon absorption coefficient (Koc):
Vapour Pressure: at 25 C.
Dissociation constant: pKa
Melting point: C.
Boiling point: C.
Shelf Life: years.
(When Stored under Ideal Conditions)
Field Crop4. Poison Schedule : 5
8. Dangerous Goods Class : Not classed as a dangerous good for transport.
9. Shelf Life : In excess of 2 years.
(When stored under ideal conditions- refer Page 4)
10. Mixtures Compatibility :
2,4-D amine Banvel M (dicamba + MCPA)
Banvel 200 (dicamba) MCPA amine
Do NOT mix with :- Supracide 400 (methidathion)
11. Registered Crop(s) : Wheat, Barley, Oats (some varieties only), Triticale, Field peas.
12. Effect of Soil Texture on Herbicide : None.
13. Effect of Soil pH on Herbicide : None.
14. Effect of Soil Organic Matter on Herbicide : None.
15. Mode of Action : Foliar uptake, Post-emergent.
16. Application Timing : Wheat, barley, oats & triticale - 3 leaf to early tillering. Field peas - early post-em when peas are 10 - 12 cm high and have developed 3 - 5 nodes.
17. Rate Variations : 550 - 850 mL/ha.
18. Rates Selection : In Victoria general usage rate recommended is 700 mL/ha. If Deadnettle or Toad Rush are a major problem, use higher rate.
20. Effect on Crop : Possibly temporary early yellowing.
21a. Effect on Clover Species : Undersown white clovers may be damaged. Balansa clover is sensitive.
Sub clover - established plants are moderately tolerant.
Avoid low water rates (< 100 L/ha). Unacceptable damage is common on plants with less than 6 true leaves.
21b. Effect on Medic Species : Undersown medics may be damaged, with a reduction in growth and seed set. Barrel medic has moderate tolerance only.
21c. Effect on Lucerne : American lucerne may be damaged, unacceptable damage can occur to seedlings.
22. Soil Moisture at Application :
DRY - Weeds stressed resulting in reduced efficacy.
MOIST - Ideal.
WATERLOGGED - Weeds stressed and may result in reduced efficacy.
23. Frost Effects : Preceding application plants stressed causing reduced efficacy and increased likelihood of crop damage. Up to 4 days after application may affect efficacy.
24. Frost Free Days Required After Application : 7 - 14 days.
25. Effect of Application Water Quality on Herbicide :
Saline Water - Not critical.
Soil Colloids - Not critical.
26. Recommended Water Volume : 50 - 100 L/ha boom, 20 - 30 L/ha aircraft.
27. Nozzle Type : Flat fan.
28. Recommended Nozzle Pressure : 200 kPa (28.6 psi).
30. Recommended Wetter : No wetter.
31. Other Additives : Nil.
32. Rain Fastness : Minimum 6 hours.
33. Time Interval Before Effect is Noticed : About 7 - 10 days.
35. Effect of Herbicide/Disease Interaction on Crop :
36. Withholding Period : Field peas, canning peas: 28 days.
37. Plant-Back Period : No limitations.
38. Spray Tank Clean-Up : Flush system with clean water.
39. Other Comments : Do not apply Flowable Igran to oat varieties Avon, Saia, Cassia, and Barmah. Avoid spraying crops from mid-September onwards, needs to be applied when temperatures are cooler, otherwise likely crop setback and severe crop yellowing can occur.
Numbered data from "Crop Herbicide Information"
Courtesy of A.J. Chambers, Vic. Dept of Food & Agric.
Collated by HerbiGuide. For more information see www.herbiguide.com.au or phone 08 98444064.