|BARMAC ZIRAM DG FUNGICIDE||Amgrow Pty Ltd||DRY FLOWABLE|
|GROCHEM ZIRAM WG FUNGICIDE||Grochem Australia Pty Ltd||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
|ZIRAGRANZ FUNGICIDE||NUFARM AUSTRALIA LIMITED||GRANULAR FORMULATION|
|ZIRAM GRANUFLO FUNGICIDE||BAYER CROPSCIENCE PTY LTD||WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE|
4. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Ziram 760g/kg5. COST: $13.75 per L or kg.
6. CHEMICAL GROUP: M3.
7. RELATED PESTICIDES:
|Mancozeb 750g/kg (625-800g/kg)|
8. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:An agricultural fungicide
9. APPLICATION METHODS AND TIPS:Apply as a high volume spray ensuring good coverage.
10. ADJUVANTS, WETTERS, OILS:Use a non ionic wetting agent. Agral at 16 mL/100 L spray mix is recommended by Crop Care.
11. EQUIPMENT:Use equipment that provides good coverage.
12. SPRAYER WASH OUT AND DECONTAMINATION:Triple rinse with water and wetting agent.
Physically clean strainers and other areas where deposits may build up.
13. WATER OR CARRIER DATA:Around a 1000 L/ha water.
14. WEATHER:15. RAINFASTNESS:
17. PLANT HEALTH and OTHER EFFECTS:
Don't use on Apricots.
18. WITHHOLDING PERIODS:19. PLANT BACK PERIODS or RECROPPING INTERVALS:
20. MODE OF ACTION:
21. PESTICIDE RESISTANCE:Some species may be resistant or develop resistance with continued application. Rotate with products from alternative groups.
22. TOXICITY:Poison schedule - S6
Summary: Low acute toxicity to mammals but may have chronic long term effects.
Poison schedule - S6
Mammalian toxicity -
Acute oral LD50 - 1400 mg/kg (rats), 400 mg/kg (rabbits) [For comparison table salt is 3000 mg/kg]
Acute dermal LD50 - >2000-6000 mg/kg (rabbit).
Skin - Irritant
Eye - Irritant.
Vapour inhalation - LC50 - > mg/L air (rat).
Chronic oral toxicity NOEL - 10 mg/kg/day for two years. Lifetime feeding of 100-125 mg/kg/day reduced growth in rats, caused abnormalities in leg long bones with partial paralysis. 50mg/kg/day for 2 months reduced overall fertility in rats.
Ziram is mutagenic. 5.9% of workers with high occupational exposure (averaging 1.95-3.7 mg/m3) for 3-5 years had changes in the chromosomes of cultured lymphocytes compared to 0.75% in controls.
Classed as a group 3 carcinogen which means there is not enough evidence to be sure of its status.
No evidence of teratogenicity reported.
Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) - 0.01 mg/kg/day.
23. TOXICITY SYMPTOMS:Irritates eyes, skin and respiratory system.
Swallowing can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, stupor, abnormal reflexes, loss of consciousness and possible death. Effects may be delayed.
24. FIRST AID:If SWALLOWED - Rinse mouth with water. Give water to drink. If more than 15 minutes from hospital then induce vomiting preferably using Ipecac Syrup APF. Avoid giving alcohol. Harmful if swallowed. See a doctor.
If in EYES - Irrigate for 15 minutes with plenty of water. Urgently see a doctor. Take patient to hospital.
If on SKIN - Rinse with plenty of water, remove contaminated clothing, wash with soap and water. If irritation persists then see a doctor.
If INHALED - Remove patient to fresh air. Keep at rest and warm. If breathing is laboured or patient is blue (cyanotic), check airways are clear, give oxygen. If breathing has stopped apply artificial respiration. If heart has stopped apply external cardiac massage. See a doctor.
If patient has symptoms or is concerned contact a doctor immediately.
Advice to doctor - Treat symptomatically. Effects may be delayed.
Call Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26
25. PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:Safety goggles and face shield.
Elbow length PVC gloves.
Cotton overalls and washable hat.
26 RE ENTRY PERIODS and OTHER SAFETY ISSUES:27. PROPERTIES:
Product appearance - Beige to cream granules with no odour.
Shelf Life - 2 years.
Product Flammability - Combustible solid. May form flammable dust clouds. May emit toxic fumes on burning.
Half life in water - days at pH5 and 35 C.
Water solubility at 25 C. - ppm at pH
Oil solubility -
Octanol:Water ratio at 25 C. - LogPOW 0.1606.
Vapour Pressure at 25 C. -
Dissociation constant - pKa.
Melting point - C.
Boiling point -
Molecular weight -
Density - SG 1.66.
28. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE:Summary - Very toxic to aquatic organisms.
Birds - High toxicity. LD50 97-100 mg/kg.
Fish - toxicity LC50 1.9-10 mg/L.
Invertebrates - High toxicity. LC50 0..048 mg/L.
Bees - Not toxic.
It has a half life in aerobic soil of 42 hours.
It has an EPA classification for soil mobility that ranges from
Ground water contamination is unlikely.
Accumulation in milk and tissues.
Risk of accumulation in aquatic species is low.
29. COMPATIBILITY:See HerbiGuide for compatibility with other herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
See HerbiGuide for a full list of pesticide compatibilities.
Not compatible with lime sulphur.
30. REGISTERED CROPS, INSECTS and DISEASES.See HerbiGuide Species Solutions Tab for registered uses.
31. GOVERNMENT AND REGULATORY INFORMATION:Dangerous Goods Class - 9 Miscellaneous dangerous good.
Hazchem Code - 2X
Packaging Group - 3
32. References:Crop Care (2002) Ziragranz Label 48755
Acknowledgments:Collated by HerbiGuide. Phone 08 98444064 or www.HerbiGuide.com.au for more information.